Friday, September 30, 2005

Hey big spender, spenda little coin on me

Transferred $10 into my lonely long-term savings account today.

That doesn't preclude withdrawing $40 later this month, but at least it's an effort.

I now have about $420 socked away for retirement.

With that money, I plan to buy an old tin pail, some rubber boots and a giggin' stick. I hope I'll still have my guitar by that point, 'cuz I'll need it to earn safe passage to the south. My skillful coaxin' of soulful tunes from the device shall pay my walkin' fare to the Gulf Coast, where all the survivors will one day reassemble, flush with their newfound wealth sprung from the reconstruction.

I will gig for frogs.

I will sell them on the highway.

Then I shall die -- a wise, happy, deeply-tanned old man.

My kin and those few others whom I will have left behind shall be forced to follow in my footsteps, southward, in order to claim my property: an old tin pail, some used rubber boots, a perfectly fine giggin' stick, my worn-out guitar, and the $300 million dollars I will have earned sellin' frogs on the highway to tourists and wealthy reconstructionist surviviors who, despite their better judgement, still fancy a few frog legs for supper.

No comments: