Thursday, June 23, 2005

A Modern Rosetta Stone: Deciphering the lyrics of the song: 'Here's Where the Story Ends', sung not by Harriet Wheeler of The Sundays but by pirate whores

Editor's note: Until now, this song has been a lyrical mystery. 

Studies have uncovered most of the lyrical content of a beloved, if oft-misunderstood song. 

We hope this sheds some light, perhaps squelches the moaning of those tireless enthusiasts who prowl the net for answers. (Following italics and bold our ours.) 

[strumming guitar in G, sparse bass, modest drums in 4/4]
 

People I know 

places I go 

'tis but a rough sea 

[strumming]

you love me not 

don't touch m' twat 

feels like an oak tree 

[strumming]

here's...

where...

the story ends 

[strumming]

senses alive 

can't feel m' eyes 

lucky to see me 

[strumming]

you love me not 

don't touch m' twat 

hear like a small flea 

[strumming]

here's...

where...

the story ends  

[strumming]

here's... 

where...

the story ends  

[strumming]

i am pretty fortunate 

for a buckled-down nut 

with heart and soul of gold 

well, we could have went to bed 

but for the books that you read 

were all I loved you for 

i am pretty fortunate 

for a buckled-down nut 

with heart that can't grow old 

i know why the lights are red 

porque es malo red 

 

surprise, surprise, surprise 

 [strumming]

crazy I know 

places I go 

make me feel so tired 

 [strumming]

I can see how 

people look down 

i'm on the outside


argh! 

 [strumming]

here's...

where...

the story ends  

 

arrrgghh! 

 [strumming]

here's...

where...

the story ends 

 [strumming]

it's that little souvenir 

from a terrible year 

which makes my eyes feel sore 

 

& whoever would've thought 

the books that you bought 

were all I loved you for yarr! 

 

the devil in me said 

g' down to th' shed 

Aye know where aye belong 

 

But th' only thin' aye ever really wanted t' saaaay 

'twas wrong, 

'twas wrong, 

'twas wrong... 

 

Editor's footnote: Due to the project's unresolved financial imbroglio and its questionable scientific merit, our experts abandoned all research before we could recover the remaining lyrics. We can only presume they've been lost to time. Thank you very much, Dr. Loren Nielsen, University of Colorado Anthropology Department.

1 comment:

Duece Fuego said...

Is there something wrong with you??? Seriously???
What's with the damn Sundays song...the italics...are they what you think she's saying???
Are you calling me ignorant? I don't care what you say-- Eric Clapton is overrrated--highly overrated.
Let's get this straight...you cannot possibly skip out on 6 hours of work...you can only skip out a couple of hours...6 hours is just not working that day.
Yes, I rule the universe and doncha forget it mister!!!
What should we have for dinner...something super easy would be great...oh, and I have no mind to cook it.
Honey, I love you lots and lots but I think you may have some type of brain damage.
If I could figure out how to do it I would just post all of this on to your blog site...then you would be in trouble...big trouble.
xoxox
OH YEAH--stop calling me the "old lady" you weasel!

-- An e-mail from Ang (the "old lady")