Monday, June 13, 2005

Bittersweet weekends

Sad, sad endings. Sad, sad, sad, sad. The neighbors are friendly, but -- as I learned Friday night -- racist and weird. Tsk, tsk. More on this, later.

Saturday night: Drunken anger... white hot malice. Not entirely my fault, but then again, claims of innocence on my part would be, at best, an exaggeration, possibly even false.

Family gathering Sunday: Fantastic, excepting the grueling, unfinished blowout with the old lady, forced to be placed on hold during the festivities. Nine fucking hours of raw smiles and forced laughter. Murderous and suicidal rage, smothered, strangled, what-the-fuck-am-I-doing-here?

Lucky for the guests, I possess formidable social technique and my fury remained secret. Or maybe it didn't, what the fuck do I know. The long hours did take a toll, however. By the end, I was so tired, so very fucking tired.

At least it's finally Monday. Drudgery of work, take me away...

Jk.

No comments: