Thursday, March 16, 2006

Announcing the latest CD release from Jim "Butterfingers" LeSavage: Smooth Roads, Easy Times

It's been a long time coming for Jimmy LeSavage's latest musical triumph, but according to light-rock afficionados, it was worth every minute!

Jimmy spent countless hours on location in Maui as well as in studios in both New York and Los Angeles to create this masterful opus, Smooth Roads, Easy Times.





Jimmy's latest work showcases his fantastic command of his instrument of choice: the acoustic guitar. Using his renown musical punctuality and his lyrical rigor, Jimmy gives us a peek into the startling world of a drug-addled killer running loose on the broken-down streets of America's inner cities. Jimmy's mild fret work, coupled with studio technician Walter Finkle's copious re-engineering will "yank listeners from the comfort of their living rooms and propel them into a terrible waking nightmare they hope never to experience again, but which they will never forget," according to New York Times Critic Benjamin Feist.

"I wanted to bring easy-rock listeners into my world," Jimmy states. "I worked hard in hopes that it would be my greatest work. I think I've achieved that."

Jimmy smashed all boundaries when producing this album, employing revolutionary recording concepts to portray a drug addict's most intimate moments. During the gripping acoustic solo three minutes into the first track, "Needle Fuck," Jimmy musically describes the moment his alter ego, Diego The Druggie, injects mind-altering liquids into his bloodstream. And in the ballad, "Fuck a Dude for Drugs," we can almost hear the woeful voice of another fictional character, Phillip The Druggie, as he wanders the late-night city streets trading demon sex for money.

"It did take a long time to produce this album," Jimmy acknowledges. "For starters, we made many of the recordings on my back porch. I wanted the beach breezes and birdsong of the jungle to mingle with the notes from my guitar. Capturing these sounds took a lot of time. During the recording sessions, there were many distractions, such as the world-class surfing beaches as well as the plentiful Polynesian whores."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know, sometimes I am frightened by the fact that I wake up next to you everyday and now...
what with mingling of our blood I'm starting to worry about our unborn child and a feeling of doom is descending upon me...
doom....
and utter despair...
I wonder if it is possible to have pre-partum depression??
xoxo

Duece Fuego said...

Yep. Shoulda thought of that before we got ourselves knocked up, huh?